Project Manager of Government Relations
Reporting directly to the Director of Government Relations, the Project Manager provides organizational support and project management to the Government Relations department. Primary responsibilities will include coordinating and executing events and programs, ensuring all projects are delivered on-time and within budget, establishing and maintaining relationships with Chamber members, government officials and staffs, vendors and other stakeholders. The Project Manager interacts with diverse, large groups of members, elected officials, as well as internal contacts. Independent judgement and self-direction are required to organize, plan, and prioritize a diversified workload.
Manager of Community Advancement
We are seeking an individual with a strong background in program and event management to fill the role of Community Advancement Manager. The Manager is responsible for maintaining high-quality programs and events – whether existing or new – by working with the Community Advancement Director and collaborating with and guiding teams of volunteer program trustees. This individual will have the opportunity to work on local leadership development programs, leadership visits to other communities, inclusion & diversity programs, and quality of place initiatives.
Some of the key responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Work with volunteer trustees to plan and execute the Leadership Wichita program annually
- Research successful communities across the nation to identify locations for City to City visits
- Make contacts with Chambers of Commerce and relevant organizations in other cities
- Present about The Chamber’s programs to individuals from entry level to C-Suite
- Complete administrative tasks (i.e., processing nomination and application forms) with extreme attention to detail
- Represent The Chamber on applicable community boards and committees
- Communicate often via email and phone with volunteers, program presenters, and vendors