Part of our work in 2016 was to redefine the Chamber’s role and redirect our resources where we can provide the most impact for our members in our four focus areas: advocating business interests to government, influencing through political action, promoting the community, and providing opportunities to build better relationships.
As you review the partial list of our 2016 accomplishments below, we hope you’ll note where input from our members has influenced our programming and services.
- Worked with state and local government to accomplish 16 legislative pro-business wins.
- Activated six policy sub-committees of the Government Relations Committee for member engagement opportunities.
- Initiated “On the Topic, Off the Record” listening sessions with Together Wichita to lead a dialogue in the business community about major initiatives.
- Developed the Manufacturers Roundtable with 12 participants.
- Hosted the first Engage & Ignite Small Business Conference in May and re-invented the Small Business Owners Roundtable program.
- Convened 90 business and community leaders to discuss race relations and the Chamber’s role in inclusion.
- Increased regional and young professional participation in Chamber programs.
- Created an Education Policy Task Force focusing on how changes to the Kansas K-12 funding formula will impact Wichita Public Schools and on expanding the region’s workforce development capacity.
Click here to see the 2016 Annual Summary.